1. 有机会的时候不去旅行。
Not traveling when you had the chance.
随着年龄的增长,旅行变得越来越不容易,当你拥有一个家庭之后你不能只考虑自己,你需要为家里至少三口人谋生计,这个时候旅行就更难上加难了。
Traveling becomes infinitely harder the older you get, especially if you have a family and need to pay the way for three-plus people instead of just yourself.
2. 没能学一门外语。
Not learning another language.
中学曾花费了三年时间学习外语,而你却什么都没记住。每当想起这一点,你都会想踹自己两脚。
You’ll kick yourself when you realize you took three years of language in high school and remember none of it.
3. 沉迷于一段糟糕的感情。
Staying in a bad relationship.
每一个走出一段槽糕的感情的人在回顾往事的时候,都后悔自己为什么没有早点摆脱旧情。
No one who ever gets out of a bad relationship looks back without wishing they made the move sooner.
4. 没有辞去一份糟糕的工作。
Not quitting a terrible job.
是的,你需要支付生活中的各种账单。但是如果你不为改善自己的现状而制定计划的话,有可能某一天起床的时候你已经在地狱里呆了40年。
Look, you gotta pay the bills. But if you don’t make a plan to improve your situation, you might wake up one day having spent 40 years in hell.
5. 在学校时功课不努力。
Not trying harder in school.
你的分数不仅仅会决定你的人生走向,而且最后你将会意识到,一整天时间专心学习是件多么纯粹的事!那时候你就会后悔自己在学习上没有更用心。
It’s not just that your grades play a role in determining wher you end up in life. Eventually you’ll realize how neat it was to get to spend all day learning, and wish you’d paid more attention.
6. 忽略自己的美丽。
Not realizing how beautiful you were.
太多的人把青春荒废在不满意自己的外表上,但事实是,你不满的那段时光恰恰是你最美丽的时候。
Too many of us spend our youth unhappy with the way we look, but the reality is, that’s when we’re our most beautiful.
7. 不能持之以恒。
Failing to finish what you start.
我梦想成为一名护士,并且我曾经报名参加培训课程,但然后…… 就没有然后了。
I had big dreams of becoming a nurse. I even signed up for the classes, but then…
8. 太在乎别人的看法。
Caring too much about what other people think.
有些人的看法曾经使你很忧虑,但20年后你将完全不在乎那些对你评头论足的人。
In 20 years you won’t give a damn about any of those people you once worried so much about.
9. 过分担忧。
Worrying too much.
如汤姆·佩蒂歌曲里唱的那样,大部分我担忧的事情从来都没发生过。
As Tom Petty sang, most things I worry about never happen anyway.
10. 未能早日心怀感恩。
Not being grateful sooner.
年轻的时候可能很难明白,但总有一天你会意识到,你活在世上的每一分钟都弥足珍贵。无论平凡还是精彩,这些时光都是上天赐予我们的礼物,我们能如此幸运地分享这些美妙的时刻,应当怀抱感恩之心。
It can be hard to see in the beginning, but eventually it becomes clear that every moment on this earth — from the mundane to the amazing — is a gift that we’re all so incredibly lucky to share.
|