三、2014年重点工作 III. Major Tasks for 2014
(一)推动重要领域改革取得新突破。
Making breakthroughs in reform in important areas
(二)开创高水平对外开放新局面。
Ushering in a new phase of China's opening to the outside world and ensuring its high standard performance
(三)增强内需拉动经济的主引擎作用。
Making domestic demand the main engine driving growth
(四)促进农业现代化和农村改革发展。
Advancing agricultural modernization and rural reform and development
(五)推进以人为核心的新型城镇化。
Carrying out a new type of people-centered urbanization
(六)以创新支撑和引领经济结构优化升级。
Using innovation to support and lead economic structural improvement and upgrading
(七)加强教育、卫生、文化等社会建设。
Accelerating the development of education, health, culture and other social programs
(八)统筹做好保障和改善民生工作。
Making coordinated efforts to ensure and improve people's wellbeing
(九)努力建设生态文明的美好家园。
Building China into a beautiful homeland with a sound ecological environment
以深化改革为强大动力,以调整结构为主攻方向,以改善民生为根本目的
We need to deepen reform so as to create powerful impetus, carry out structural adjustment as our main priority, and make improving people's wellbeing our fundamental goal.
首要任务 the top priority for
更多释放改革红利 reap more benefits reform
进一步简政放权
further streamline administration and delegate more power to lower-level governments.
继续推进事业单位改革 continue to reform public institutions
深化金融体制改革。We will deepen reform of the financial sector.
增强各类所有制经济活力。
We will enhance the vitality of economic entities under all forms of ownership.
开放与改革相伴而生、相互促进。
Opening up and reform have been launched as integral parts of the same initiative as they are mutually reinforcing.
扩大全方位主动开放。 We will open China wider to the outside world in all areas.
坚持积极有效利用外资 We will continue to utilize foreign investment actively and efficiently.
对外开放的热土 hotspots for opening up
自主品牌 Chinese brands
国际营销网络 international marketing networks
丝绸之路经济带、21世纪海上丝绸之路
a Silk Road economic belt and a 21st century maritime Silk Road
统筹多双边和区域开放合作。
We will engage in bilateral, multilateral and regional opening up and cooperation in a coordinated way.
重点发展养老、健康、旅游、文化等服务,落实带薪休假制度。
the focus on elderly care, health, tourism, and culture, and implement the system of paid vacations.
实施“宽带中国”战略 implement China's broadband strategy
维护网络安全。We will safeguard cyber-security.
海洋是我们宝贵的蓝色国土。The seas are our valuable national territory.
积极推进农村改革。We will vigorously push forward rural reform.
创新扶贫开发方式。 We will explore new ways to alleviate poverty through development.
有序推进农业转移人口市民化。
We will grant urban residency in an orderly manner to rural people who have moved to cities.
发展学前教育。实施特殊教育提升计划。
We will develop preschool education and implement the plan to improve special education.
推动医改向纵深发展。 We will deepen medical reform.
构建和谐医患关系。 We will build harmonious relations between doctors and patients.
推进社会治理创新。 We will promote innovation in social governance.
深入开展普法教育,加大法律援助。
We will strengthen education in the general knowledge of law and increase legal aid.
民惟邦本,本固邦宁。
The people are the foundation of a nation, and a nation can enjoy peace only when its foundation is strong.
就业是民生之本。 Employment is the basis of people's wellbeing.
收入是民生之源。 Income is the source of people's wellbeing.
社保是民生之基。 Social security is the foundation of people's wellbeing.
完善住房保障机制。 We will improve the mechanism for providing adequate housing.
人命关天,安全生产这根弦任何时候都要绷紧。
There is nothing more important than human life, so we must always give our full attention to workplace safety.
生态文明建设关系人民生活,关乎民族未来。
Fostering a sound ecological environment is vital for people's lives and the future of our nation.
出重拳强化污染防治。
We will take strong measures to strengthen pollution prevention and control.
推动能源生产和消费方式变革。 We will change the way energy is produced and consumed.
推进生态保护与建设。 We will move forward with ecological protection and development.
做好政府工作,必须加强自身改革建设。
To do the government's work well, we must strengthen its internal reform and self-governance.
各级政府必须厉行节约,反对浪费,坚持过紧日子。
Governments at all levels must practice economy, eliminate waste, and tighten their belts.
狠抓依法治军、从严治军。
We will run the armed forces with strict discipline and in accordance with the law.