This is an old mandarin song, but probably one of the best songs of 任贤齐 rèn xián qí. I enjoy it every time I listen to it. 任贤齐 rèn xián qí sings very well in mandarin.
This Chinese song 心太软 xīn tài ruǎn (Too soft-hearted) is like a boy telling a girl that she’s too devoted to her love while her lover doesn’t care as much as she does. The boy (the singer) is persuading the girl to not get in too deep. She’s just too soft-hearted and might get hurt badly in the end.
Now let’s play it!
xīn tài ruǎn
心太软
Too soft-hearted
Singer: 任贤齐 rèn xián qí
nǐ zǒngshì xīn tài ruǎn xīn tài ruǎn
你总是心太软 心太软
You ‘re always too soft-hearted, too soft-hearted
dúzì yīgèrén liúlèi dào tiānliàng
独自一个人流泪到天亮
weeping alone all night
nǐ wúyuànwúhuǐ de ài zhe nàgèrén
你无怨无悔的爱着那个人
You love him with no regret
wǒ zhīdào nǐ gēnběn méi nàme jiānqiáng
我知道你根本没那么坚强
I know you are not that strong
nǐ zǒngshì xīn tài ruǎn xīn tài ruǎn
你总是心太软 心太软
You ‘re always too soft-hearted, too soft-hearted
bǎ suǒyǒu wèntí dōu zìjǐ káng
把所有问题都自己扛
Place all the burdens on your own shoulders
xiāng’ài zǒngshì jiǎndān
相爱总是简单
To love is easy
xiāngchǔ tài nán
相处太难
To live together is not easy
bùshì nǐ de jiù bié zài miǎnqiǎng
不是你的就别再勉强
Let it go if it ‘s not yours
yè shēn le nǐ hái bùxiǎng shuì
夜深了你还不想睡
Night falls, but you can’t fall asleep.
nǐ hái zài xiǎng zhe tā ma
你还在想着他吗
Are you still missing him?
nǐ zhèyàng chīqíng dàodǐ lèi bù lèi
你这样痴情到底累不累
Are you exhausted being so devoted?
míngzhī tā bùhuì huílai ānwèi
明知他不会回来安慰
Even though you know he won’t come to comfort you.
zhǐbuguò xiǎng hǎohǎo ài yīgèrén
只不过想好好爱一个人
All you want to do is to love with all you got
kěxī tā wúfǎ gěi nǐ mǎnfēn
可惜他无法给你满分
But unforturnately, you are not his world
duōyú de xīshēng tā bùdǒng xīnténg
多余的牺牲他不懂心疼
His heart won’t sore for you
nǐ yīnggāi bùhuì zhǐ xiǎng zuò gè hǎo rén
你应该不会只想做个好人
You should not just want to be a nice person.
ō, suànle ba jiù zhèyàng wàng le ba
喔,算了吧 就这样忘了吧
Oh, let it go, to get him off your mind
gāi fàng jiù fàng zài xiǎng yě méiyǒu yòng
该放就放 再想也没有用
Let it go, it’s not worth thinking over and over again
shǎ shǎ děngdài tā yě bùhuì huílai
傻傻等待 他也不会回来
You wait for him but he never will be back
nǐ zǒng gāi wéi zìjǐ xiǎng xiǎng wèilái
你总该为自己想想未来
Try to think for your own future?